With a highly Intricate and uniform system of pores, molecular sieves provide supreme moisture absorption solutions. This makes this particularly preferable from the industrial sector where there’s a continuous need to adsorb gases and fluids. These adsorbents are a synthetically manufactured kind of Zeolite, and feature countless empty cavities, which is what endows it with the maximum adsorption capacity as compared with other desiccants. But it is this very quality which also makes it among the priciest adsorbents available today.
This desiccant pouch is Derived from substances like calcium alumina silicate or sodium potassium. Most manufacturers offer standard prepackaged molecular sieves for industrial usage. But if you need customized solutions, these may be availed too. For this you would have to enlist the assistance of a respectable desiccant manufacturing firm. Exactly like silica gel, this specific desiccant comes in the kind of granular beads, but they bear a pinkish tinge. Here are some other noteworthy features of these desiccants:
- They can either be used individually or custom blended with several other desiccants to offer you an optimum adsorption solution.
- Various desiccants have distinct adsorption capacities. In the event of a molecular sieve, you can expect it to adsorb moisture or gas around 20 times its own weight.
- Since it is one of the most competitive desiccants available on the market now, it costs significantly more than its other counterparts.
- Where tight humidity control is necessary, there could not be better choice than this specific desiccant. That is precisely why it is used in areas such as museums to protect invaluable artwork from the negative effects of humidity and moisture. The perfect use of the desiccant can make it possible for you to bring down the relative humidity to as low as 10%.
- Numerous pharmaceutical companies take advantage of molecular sieves to safeguard packaged antibiotics and drugs from moisture, especially during the transport and warehousing phases of the supply cycle.
- The effectiveness and suitability of the desiccant is dependent on its pore size. These pore sizes are measured in Angstroms. The frequent pore sizes are 3A, 4A, 5A, 8A and 10A.
So, right from Protecting expensive art to pre-purification of water to absorbing carbon dioxide, there are lots of industrial applications where this desiccant is widely used. Because this desiccant is odorless, it can also be used with pharmaceutical products. Additionally, with a melting point that is a little less than 2900 degrees Fahrenheit molecular sieves are extremely acceptable for use in high temperature applications. They are also utilized in chemical reactions because they are stable. However, as secure as this desiccant is, an individual should always wear a dust mask and gloves while handling it.